Thursday, August 15, 2013

Welcome to a New Year!

Welcome to a new year with TEAM!  I am very excited you will be in my art class this year and looking forward to seeing your work.  This year we will be working on the Elements and Principles of design.  What are the Elements and Principles of Design?  I am glad you asked!...

Please watch this short YouTube video I put together....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiMmVGRkoH4

(Okay, I totally made this for a teaching class I took this summer but I am glad I can use it for our class too!)

Then,  look at the work of art below.  Using this image, please respond to my question in written form. Bring your responses to class.   I am going to hold these until the end of the year.  After exploring the elements and principles in class, we will answer this question again in May and compare our answers.  I am looking forward to hearing what you have to say and please don't worry.  The only way you can get this wrong is if you don't try!

The artist who painted this image, Piet Mondrian, is communicating to you.  Based on what you see in the painting, what do you think he is talking about?  



1 comment:

  1. We love your video! Could we please borrow your Italian language CDs for our trip to Venice?
    Liam and Katy

    ReplyDelete